Life today is challenging as we dodge the 80,000 toxic chemicals that are encompassing our environment, add stress from work and kids and the car breaking down on top of it and life can surely take it’s toll on our bodies, inside and out.
The amount of detox products online and shelves today can be a bit overwhelming and what are they? Are they natural or another manmade item that the packaging says it can detox? Yes, I am a sceptic to packaging and if they are really telling you the truth. This I take seriously with my products. What it contains is written on the side.
Bentonite Clay steps in…
A simple clay that helps to detoxify in a couple of ways. First off, it’s very safe and effective. Bentonite clay has an alkaline pH and high negative ionic charge that act as powerful antioxidants. These attributes allow the clay to help alkalize the body and pull toxic pathogens and environmental toxins out of the body in a clean manner. When the clay is combined with water, it gains strength and energizes the body when consumed. It also has the ability to adsorb an enormous amount of toxins as a sponge-like magnet and carry them out of the body. So two ways to use Bentonite Clay to help you detox, ingest it and use it on your skin.
Calcium Bentonite clay is the preferred clay to be ingested by humans, animals, and plants and for incorporating into soil, so be careful when purchasing clay for consumption that you check the labels. The best Calcium Bentonite Clay is pure with a very fine mesh.
Humans have been using healing clays externally and internally to cure illness, sustain life and promote general health and well being for hundreds of years. Bentonite clay is one of the safest, easiest and least expensive detoxifying substances one could find. It is noninvasive and causes no harm when used correctly. Many people notice a huge reduction in pain, irritation and inflammation upon using bentonite clay even after other methods have offered no relief.
Clay is extremely absorbent, so it draws toxic substances and swells to many times its size in water. Clay acts like a magnet, and more is definitely not better. Start with just 1 tsp in water until you are able to effectively tolerate it.
Clay baths utilize clay’s strong drawing powers to help pull toxic debris out through the pores of the skin. Through a pulsing action, clay will pull out infectious organisms, heavy metals and other major toxins. Bentonite Clay masks are also popular and found all over the world in top-notch salons. It can be affordable though when done at home.
Wellness Mamas (LOVE HER) wonderful list of uses for Bentonite Clay:
- On the Skin: Externally, I apply a paste of bentonite clay and water on any skin irritation like blemishes, insect bites, cuts, skin itching, or burns. I leave it on until it dries and wash off. This is said to be especially calming to skin itching from eczema, psoriasis, chicken pox, etc.
- Face Mask: For smooth and healthy skin, I make a paste of bentonite and water and apply to my face as a mask (a similar mask is used in many spas). I leave on for 20 minutes and wash off. I typically do this once or twice a week.
- Detox Bath: I sometimes add about 1/4 cup of bentonite clay to a bath for a relaxing detox bath that softens and releases heavy metals from skin.
- Skin Poultice for Bites/Burns/Cuts/Stings: For more severe issues, I create a poultice by putting a thick layer of clay on the skin and applying a wet gauze or cloth over it. I wrap the area and leave the poultice on, changing every 2 hours.
- For Oral Health: Because of it’s excellent ability to bind to heavy metals and toxins as well as to provide minerals, I use bentonite clay in a homemade toothpaste recipe. It can even be used alone for brushing and is tasteless and relatively textureless.
- Oral Rinse to whiten and remineralize teeth: Use Bentonite Clay mixed with water as an alkalizing and toxin removing mouth rinse. Mix 1/2 teaspoon of clay in 1/4 cup water in a small jar with a plastic lid and shake well. Then, rinse with the water for 1-2 minutes and repeat until it’s all gone.
- For Mastitis: Created a poultice or mask of Bentonite Clay and water and applied externally to the area. Repeat as needed every hour until the infection is gone. Also take internally during infection along with Vitamin C and fermented cod liver oil.
- For Baby Powder: Plain Bentonite Clay makes a very soothing baby powder for use when there is infection or redness. It can also be made into a clay “mask” to help speed recovery in this area.
- For Morning Sickness: Take 1/2 tsp of Bentonite Clay in water during early pregnancy to ward off morning sickness. It helps with the nausea and makes you feel better. Check with your doctor or medical professional before using during pregnancy.
- For Internal Cleansing: Drink 1/2 to 1 teaspoon most days in a cup of water. Combine in a glass jar with a plastic lid and shake until well incorporated. This helps improve digestion and also seems to give more energy.
- For Pets: For pets that are sick, vomiting or showing signs of illness, you can add Bentonite to their water or mix and give orally with a dropper or syringe without the needle. I have seen several cases where this helped pets recover quickly from what could otherwise have been serious illnesses.
- Though I have not needed to use for these reasons personally, I have read cases of bentonite and other healing clays being used internally to help reduce radiation exposure, in alternative cancer treatments, and in MRSA infections. It is also said to greatly help in Parasite removal, though I have not tried this personally.(Source: http://wellnessmama.com/5915/the-benefits-of-healing-clays/)
Wildroot Naturals Cure All Facial Mask does wonders at a price we can all afford. The sample size is only $5.00 and good for about 3 facial and neck masks. The larger jars will be available soon as soon as your hooked. But we didn’t just stop at Bentonite Clay, we added Rhassoul Clay to our masks as well.
Click here to learn more about Rhassoul Clay and it’s benefits.
Have you ever tried Bentonite clay, either internally or externally? Would you give it a try if not? Comment below.
Article Information Sources: